Quadratic Formula Assignment
- You will create a program that calculates the quadratic formula from given user input
- 016 Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- 053 Write a program that uses variables and constants.
- 054 Write a program accepting user input.
- Create a program named quad.py
- Prompt the user (ask the user for input) for variables a, b, and c
- Don't forget to convert if necessary
- Calculate both real solutions using the quadratic formula (look it up on the internets)
- There are two roots to calculate
- You should have two variables x1 and x2 as the two solutions to the quadratic formula
- Exponentiation: x**y (x to the y power)
- Square root is the same as taking something to the power 0.5
- Remember to use parentheses
- Watch out for order of operations!
- Print the quadratic equation: a*x^2 + b*x + c = 0
- Be sure to print a, b, c using the variables, so that the equation has the original inputs
- Print the two solutions of the quadratic formula
CHALLENGE: check if the solutions are real or imaginary
Please enter a: 1 Please enter b: 3 Please enter c: 2 Your equation is 1*x^2+3*x+2=0 The roots are: -1.0 -2.0 --- Please enter a: 2 Please enter b: 3 Please enter c: 1 Your equation is 2*x^2+3*x+1=0 The roots are: -0.5 -1.0